AudioQuest Red River | XLR Analog Interconnect (Pair)
Your gear and your ears deserve high-quality cables
AudioQuest's Red River interconnects are a well-made, cost-effective option in the world of high-performance cables. Each cable features three solid copper conductors to virtually eliminate electrical and magnetic interference that can add brittleness to the sound.
Red River's solid Long-Grain Copper delivers a smoother and clearer sound than cables using regular OFHC (Oxygen-Free High-Conductivity) copper. OFHC is a general metal industry specification regarding “loss” without any concern for distortion. Long-Grain Copper has fewer oxides and impurities within the conducting material, resulting in sonically superior performance.
Red River's XLR plugs feature new connectors and new pins. The connectors are fastened by cold welding — a solder-less process that uses high pressure and silver paste to minimize signal loss. By contrast, solder tends to impede the signal, and the heating of the copper conductor during soldering can negatively affect its performance.
- 1 pair of audio interconnects with XLR terminals
- 3 solid Long-Grain Copper conductors per cable for clean, low-distortion sound
- stiff Nitrogen-Injected Hard-Cell Foam insulation stabilizes the position of the conductors to maintain consistent impedance over the length of the cable
- metal-layer Noise-Dissipation System prevents RF interference from reaching the equipment's ground plane
- 3-conductor Triple-Balanced Geometry — the separate ground conductor ensures that positive and negative signals have equally low-distortion conducting paths
- cold-welded gold-plated XLR plugs
- black-and-red braided jacket