Weiss DAC204 | Multi-format DAC and Format Converter
The DAC204 is the Swiss Army Knife of Digital-to-Analog Converters in Weiss Engineering’s Line Up
- Easy switching between multiple digital outputs including a computer or mobile
- Pristine, low-jitter conversion to analog audio
- Convert DSD audio to PCM with digital output in AES/EBU
- Excellent for professional mixing / mastering studio or audiophile-grade listening
- Employs no less than 4 oversampling sigma-delta DACs per channel
Cover All your Bases
The DAC204 is a multi-format digital-to-analogue and digital-to-digital converter. Its many input and output options make it equally useful for use in a professional mixing or mastering studio as for an audiophile-grade listening room.
It employs no less than four oversampling sigma-delta D/A converters per channel, operated in parallel for enhanced signal-to-noise performance.
Digital Accepted Here
The DAC204 accepts incoming digital audio streams straight from any USB-equipped computer, tablet, or mobile phone. It can also receive S/PDIF and AES/EBU audio via its S/PDIF or Toslink connectors.
The DAC204 converts the incoming digital streams to analogue audio, which simultaneously appears on its balanced XLR connectors and unbalanced RCA connectors.
It can also perform digital-to-digital conversion and output digital audio in AES/EBU or S/PDIF formats through the corresponding connectors and a BNC output connector.
Should the incoming audio be in DSD format, the DAC204 can convert that to PCM.
The DAC204 can be permanently connected to multiple digital units, and the user can easily switch between them with the front-mounted Input Selector switch.
The DAC204 is the bigger sibling to the DAC205. The two units offer the same conversion quality, but the DAC204 has a USB input and can convert DSD to PCM audio.
The DAC204 and DAC205 are relatively affordable options to Weiss Engineering’s higher-grade units such as the DAC501 and the HELIOS. They do not have the onboard digital processing capabilities of those units, nor do they include headphone outputs or remote controls.
- (x2) AES/EBU or S/PDIF on Toslink or RCA connectors
- Accepted Formats: PCM 44.1kHz up to 384 kHz, DSD 64x/128x
- Line out UnBAL RCA
- Line out BAL XLR
- Active Input Selector switch (USB, Toslink, or RCA)
- (x2) switches for DSD to PCM conversion settings
- Power on/off switch
- Digital USB, RCA, and Toslink inputs
- Digital AES/EBU on stereo XLR, RCA, and BNC outputs
- Analog XLR and RCA outputs
- (x2) Toggle switches for output level setting
- External power supply connector
- Dimensions: 6.5" x 4.2" x 3.8"
- DAC204 User Manual