Elite pushes the Empyrean sound to the next level, with a higher level of detail and performance that retains the musicality and emotion that’s part of Meze’s DNA. If you’re looking for headphones that stand at the summit of detail, resolution, and performance, balanced with musicality, warmth, and emotion, Elite delivers it all in a headphone masterpiece.
With a custom, newly designed driver, created by Rinaro Isodynamics, ELITE is the result of 3 years of research and development through which we strived to create a powerful, lifelike, and immersive experience that awakens the senses of the listener.
Passion Brought Us Here, Technology Made it Happen
Combining an exclusive aesthetic with state-of-the-art engineering, ELITE delivers an accurate, authentic listening experience ready to meet the highest expectations of the proficient audiophile. With a no-compromise mindset, driven by our love for art and sound, we built a one-of-a-kind headphone using innovative designs and technologies that perfectly complete each other to create pure emotion.
- PATENTED ISODYNAMIC HYBRID ARRAY TECHNOLOGY One of the most sophisticated and advanced planar magnetic technologies in the world.
- ULTRA LOW DISTORTION Total harmonic distortion (THD) measures under 0.05% in the whole frequency range.
- LIGHTWEIGHT 75g combined driver weight designed to create a headphone that offers prolonged listening sessions.
- ULTRA HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO Upper frequency limit of audio reproduction is 112,000 Hz.
- RINARO PARUS® DIAPHRAGM An innovative low mass acoustic diaphragm constructed on an ultra-thin biaxially oriented semi-crystalline film.
- EASY TO DRIVE 101dB@1mw/1kHz; 32Ω Can be driven by almost any source without the need for amplification.
Driver Type Rinaro Isodynamic Hybrid Array® [MZ3SE]
Ear Coupling Open Circumaural
Frequency Response 3 - 112,000 Hz
Impedance 32 Ω
Nominal SPL 101 dB (1 mW / 1 kHz)
Maximum SPL > 130 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) <0.05% (in the whole frequency range)
Weight 430 g
In the Box
- Suitcase: High-strength aluminum suitcase with foam inserts.
- Two sets of ear pads included: one ALCANTARA®, one LEATHER +ALCANTARA® HYBRID
- Cable options (included): 3.5 mm OFC Standard Or 6.3 mm OFC Standard Or 4 PIN XLR OFC Standard
I've had my Elite since Sept. 2. I find it to be a significant improvement over my previous favorite headphone, the Empyrean, and worth the price. I'm using the hybrid pads; did not like the sound of the alcantara pads.
The Elite has these advantages over the Empyrean:
Elite eliminates the Empy's bass overemphasis, but still has plenty of accurate, well-controlled bass.
Elite's midrange is even better than the Empy, well-recorded vocals can take on a 3D quality.
The Elite has a smooth treble and eliminates the Empy's treble peak.
The Elite is more neutral and refined, with improved detail and soundstage.
You need an amp that can supply the detailed refinement you will hear with the Elite. I'm using a Burson Soloist 3X.
Read the written review at the Bloom Audio website. Their comments are consistent with what I am hearing with the Elite.
I loved my Empyrean. I didn't expect to like the Elite so much more. I ordered mine on Sept.1 from Bloom Audio and received it the next day.
I also had a chance to compare the Elite to another new similarly-priced headphone, a Dan Clark Stealth. It was no contest. I didn't like the tonality or bass response of the Stealth, and returned it.