The AMP7 is a discrete single ended 3.5mm amplifier card for the DX220 DAP. It features:
- +/-8V high voltage swing. This significantly improves dynamics and headroom, resulting in a more accurate sound that is true to the recording.
- AMP7 is a completely new discrete circuit design that is based on iBasso's four channel architecture and features both a high voltage and current output. High current output is very useful for low impedance multi-drivers in ear monitors.
- Low VCE transistors are utilized and are manually sorted and paired, providing better consistency and linearity. The low VCE also expands the linearity range.
- The transistors used on the buffer stage have a 2700mAh output current rating, which allows the AMP7 to drive IEMs and headphones that require high current with ease.
When using OPAMPs to develop an amplifier, it is almost impossible to achieve high voltage output and high current output, especially, on a portable device. Some engineers have used the TPA6120 on the buffer stage to achieve 750mA output current. However, it has 10ohm output impedance, which isn’t ideal for low impedance IEMs or headphones. The AMP7 uses discrete components which are usually on desktop amplifiers, but that makes the development process is much more difficult. After a long development period and with our final design, we present the AMP7 card that has both high voltage and high current output and at the same time maintains low output impedance with extremely good measurements. AMP7 compliments the premium performance of the DX150 and the DX200, giving you even more choices when playing the music you enjoy.
|Voltage||High Voltage Swing: +/-8 V|
|Output Current||2700 mA|
|Headphone Out||Output Voltage: 3.2 Vrms
Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 45 kHz +/- 0.3 dB
S/N: 122 dB
THD+N (no load at 1.8 Vrms): 0.00023%, -113 dB
THD+N (300 Ohms at 1.8 Vrms): 0.00023%, -113 dB
Output Impedance: 0.3 Ohm
DNR: 122 dB
Crosstalk: -106 dB
Output Voltage: 3.2 Vrms
In the Box
- iBasso AMP7 Discrete 3.5mm Single Ended Amplifier Card
- Warranty Card