THIS IS THE LATEST REVISION WITH 3.5MM CONNECTORS
Check out our full review: https://bloomaudio.com/blogs/articles/hifiman-susvara-review
- Advanced magnet design for acoustically transparent sound reproduction
- In traditional designs, the magnets get in the way of the sound waves, by reflection and diffraction. This creates constructive and destructive interference; as these points shift with frequency changes, there is a mass of wave interference taking place
- The use of “Stealth Magnets” on the SUSVARA means the sound wave reproduction can take place without the necessary magnets getting in their own way, ruining the sonic purity of their output
Nanometer Grade Diaphragm
- Combining the diaphragm with the stealth magnet technology produces audio with remarkable tonal quality and clarity
- Complex diaphragm construction
- High tensile strength and low thickness and mass
- Produces low distortion levels
- Dynamic response
- A thickness of under a millionth of a meter
- Gold coating conductor on the diaphragm
Window Shade System
- Carefully designed outer grille offers physical protection with minimal acoustic impact
- Crafting the grille for controlled secondary reflections avoids any unwanted vibrations
- Acoustic subtleties remain unhindered
- Optimized to avoid any resonant frequencies
- Ergonomic and comfortable headband
- Designed for reliability and durability
- CNC milled
- Hand polished
- Single crystalline copper wire combined with a single crystalline silver wire
- Special composition ratio and quantity of the materials ensures low resistance in the signal transmission
- High mechanical strength for daily use
- Asymmetrical design conforms around the human ear
- Comfortable distribution of weight evenly
- Secure sound grip
- Gently beveled pads
- Contoured molding to the user's head
- Provides comfort for long listening sessions
- Frequency Response : 6Hz-75kHz
- Impedance : 60Ω
- Sensitivity : 83dB
- Weight : 450g (15.9oz)
In the Box
- HiFiMAN SUSVARA
- Headphone Cable with 4-Pin XLR
- Headphone Cable with 1/4" Plug
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I chose the Susvara over Focal’s Utopia because the Utopia, to my ear, has a sharp, penetrating harshness in loud passages of violin, piano and soprano. I do not hear this in the Susvara, in addition, I experienced a full step up in overall sound quality.
The Susvara is very clear, natural and lifelike. Profoundly so.
The bass is full and deeply satisfying. Low notes on the cello are wonderfully detailed.
They are very engaging and interesting if you are giving full attention to the music. But there is no artificial drama or peakiness to cause fatigue on long listens.
Fit is excellent without too much pressure.
There are several disappointments outside the sound quality:
-The earpads are lower quality than the Utopia
-The wood layer is beautiful wood but its finish is not top notch
-The cable is lightweight and made with good copper and silver but the cover feels cheap.
I am using the Burson Conductor 3 Reference DAC/amp with gain at 40 to 50%. The combination results in a sound that is so like an actual live performance that I don’t believe it can be substantially improved upon by a more expensive DAC. Their warmth does not suggest the need for a tube amp.
Comments are primarily based on classical, singer/songwriter and R&B music.