The LCD-5 sets a new standard for accuracy using a new driver design with Audeze’s own patent-pending Parallel Uniforce voice coils and new magnet assembly. LCD-5 represents a completely new design made specifically for minimal reflections, improved frequency response, and a more open yet accurate soundstage.
LCD-5’s impedance is 14 Ohms, sensitivity is 90dB, and it weighs just 420 grams (1/3 less than the LCD-4!). Handcrafted in California, USA, the LCD-5 has been meticulously engineered to provide unmatched audio for industry professionals and audiophiles alike. The LCD-5 is now available on Audeze’s website and through select dealers. Audeze will be demoing the new LCD-5 at CANJAM SOCAL on September 25th-26th at Irvine Marriott, and also at the Capital Audio Fest in November.
The LCD-5 features Audeze’s patented core technologies, and comes with new acoustically designed leather earpads, an improved and luxurious carbon fiber suspension headband, deep “tortoise shell” acetate rings, all-new magnesium housing, plus our latest premium audio cable made with high-purity copper, and an aluminum travel case.
Transparency, Resolution, and Speed
The LCD-5 sets a new standard for accuracy. Its drivers are engineered with our award-winning Fluxor magnets and updated Fazor waveguides along with our new Patent-pending Parallel Uniforce™ voice coils, which employ varying width parallel traces to keep the impedance low and provide increased voltage headroom by altering the current density within each trace. The uniform force created by this optimization lowers distortion and provides better control over diaphragm movement, resulting in improved sonic resolution.
Audeze LCD-5 Key Features
- New Parallel UniforceTM diaphragms and FluxorTM Magnets provide powerful sound, unparalleled sonic detail, and incredible accuracy without increasing the impedance
- New internally sloped earpads that help to reduce unwanted resonances and interior reflections
- Newly designed Fazors that are optimized to reduce diffractions
- The LCD-5 cable is specially tuned with directional OCC high-purity copper strands that provide a low capacitance and low resistance path to maintain unsurpassed clarity and precision.
- The LCD-5’s fully re-designed magnesium frame provides rigidity and ultra-light weight, while the acetate rings offer just the right touch of richness
- Style Over-ear, open-back
- Transducer type Planar Magnetic
- Magnetic structure FluxorTM magnet array
- Phase management Fazor
- Magnet type Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm type Nano-Scale Parallel UniforceTM
- Transducer size 90 mm
- Maximum power handling 5W RMS
- Maximum SPL >130dB
- Frequency response 5Hz - 50kHz
- THD <0.1% @ 100dB
- Impedance 14 ohms
- Sensitivity 90 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
- Minimum power requirement >100mW
- Recommended power level >250mW
- Weight 420g