CRBN Electrostatic Audiophile Headphones
In 2016, Audeze was approached by researchers at the UCLA Semel Institute of Neuroscience and Human behavior along with the industrial designers at BoomBang for help designing a headphone to work inside MRI machines.
By solving the issues with MRI headphones, we ended up creating one of the best sounding transducers ever designed. Though initially developed for medical applications, our patented electrostatic transducer design also yields powerful audio quality benefits ideal for audiophile use.
CRBN Carbon Nanotube Technology
The CRBN driver includes a revolutionary patent-pending ultra-thin diaphragm with carbon nanotubes suspended inside the material. Because the charge is distributed throughout the film, this results in a uniform driving force that reduces distortion and improves clarity, resolution and transparency.
Supreme Listening Comfort
CRBN offers supreme comfort with its lightweight construction. At 300 grams, the minimalist design features materials such as magnesium and carbon fiber, which shaves off every gram while maintaining strength. The earpads are extra plush and slightly oversized, for a great seal and pillow- soft, cranium-cradling comfort.
CRBN is the ultimate in luxurious design, from the smooth curves of its uniquely etched grill, to the depth of its finely polished acetate rings. Featuring hand-stitched premium leather, every detail has been fine-tuned, all the way down to the feel of the machined aluminum 5-pin connector.
580 Volt Compatibility
CRBN is compatible with “Stax Pro Bias” 580 Volt amplifiers such those from Woo Audio, Linear Tube Audio, Mjolnir Audio, Headamp, Stax (of course) and others. The cable is terminated with the industry standard 5-pin barrel connector for maximum compatibility.
- Driver type Push-pull electrostatic
- Headphone type Open-Back circumaural
- Electrostatic capacitance 100 pF (Including cable)
- Functional bias voltage Pro bias (580 V)
- Termination Standard 5 pin Pro Bias connector
- Driver size 120 mm x 90 mm Driver
- Frequency response 20Hz to 40 KHz
- Housing Polished acetate, stainless steel, magnesium
- Diaphragm material Custom made CRBN carbon nano-tube film
- Earpad material Leather
- Weight 300 grams
- Thin Film Constructed from Carbon Nano-Tube (SWCNT) infused in Polyimide solution