Named after the Sanskrit word that literally means "beautiful," the HIFIMAN Sundara Open-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones are designed to deliver a detailed and natural sound. They are easily powered from a wide variety of audio sources including smartphones, moderate-power desktop amplifiers, portable digital audio players, and more, in the comfort of your home or on the go.
Made of proprietary, light and high-tensile material, the Sundara's ultra-fine diaphragms produce a wide frequency response of 6 Hz to 75 kHz with fast transient response, low distortion levels, and high dynamic range. The hybrid headband design and gently beveled earpads evenly distribute the headphones' weight around your head to provide a secure grip and a comfortable fit for long listening sessions.
The Sundara headphones comes with a detachable 4.9' cable terminated with a 3.5mm plug.
Planar Magnetic Drivers
- Open-back, circumaural headphones with large planar magnetic drivers, can be powered from a wide range of audio sources
- Wide frequency response: 6 Hz to 75 kHz
- Fast transient response
- Detailed and natural sonic signature
- Made of proprietary, light and high-tensile material
- Low-mass and ultra-fine diaphragm delivers low distortion levels and high dynamic response
Hybrid Headband Design
- Ergonomic and comfortable headband is contoured to fit a broad variety of head shapes
- Headband evenly spreads headphones weight over your head
- Unibody yoke attaches the frame to the earcups making a seamless sweeping curve that is both elegant and functional
- Single-piece, metal construction is durable enough to withstand the rigors of modern urban life
Symmetric Earcup Design
- Earcups and gently beveled earpads conform around your ear.
- Weight is evenly distributed to offer a secure grip and a comfortable fit for long listening sessions
- Outer grilles provide the diaphragms with a sturdy, protective barrier without coloring the sound
- Glossy, jet-black finish contrasts against the matte black earcups
- Includes a detachable 4.9' cable with 3.5mm plug
- Crystalline copper wire provides low-resistance signal transmission and high mechanical strength for daily use
Earcup Connection Sockets
- Sturdy physical cable connection via 3.5mm sockets on the left and right earcups
- Large contact surface for enhanced signal transmission
- Frequency Response : 6Hz-75kHz
- Impedance : 37Ω
- Sensitivity : 94dB
- Weight : 372g
- HIFIMAN Sundara
- Detachable Cable with 3.5mm Plug (4.9')
"I think this may be the best HiFiMAN headphone to date. Maybe not in absolute terms, but in terms of being a very well balanced product offering. It looks good; it feels good; it appears to be well built; I think it's priced fairly; and the sound—though a tad cool—is well behaved top to bottom and delivers a coherent musical picture. "
"If names are a thing then the Sundara should have more staying power than the previous numbered generation. There is a palatable step-up in both refinement of sound and build quality on the Sundara over the previous generation that will stand it in good stead."
"The HiFiMAN Sundara are among those headphones one can never grow tired of: their tuning and their technical ability are such that they could be used daily and still surprise the listener. They’re a keeper."
99.9% of orders placed before 5pm EDT go out the same day. We ship USPS and UPS. Transit times range from 1-4 days depending on location (we're in NJ). Signature is required upon delivery. We also offer a variety of expedited shipping options.
Tracking info is provided via email as soon as we ship.