The Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000 provides a high resolution, analytical sound with a great sense of air and space. Audio-Technica’s legendary quality and craftsmanship are evident throughout its design, and its light weight provides comfort for long listening sessions.
The result of Japanese craftsmanship and expert engineering, the ATH-ADX5000 Hi-Res Audio headphones set a new standard in open-back headphone performance. The headphones utilize newly developed Core Mount Technology that optimally positions the driver unit within the housing to improve airflow efficiency. The efficient airflow helps the headphones reproduce highly transparent mid and high frequencies and rich, precise bass sound. The 58 mm integrated driver units combine a tungsten-coated diaphragm, baffle and Permendur magnetic circuit in a single unit to reduce unwanted vibration and, since no screw clamps are required, decrease the weight. The baffle is made of a highly-rigid polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)/glass fiber composite to provide stable diaphragm movement.
The housings of the ATH-ADX5000 have a honeycomb-punched design that keeps the housing face open to ventilation, while closing off the sides. This design delivers an accurate, natural sound, but prevents air pressure loss that can negatively affect sound quality. The frame is constructed of strong, lightweight magnesium; the earpads and headband are fashioned from Alcantara, a material known for its extreme durability and comfort.
The ATH-ADX5000 headphones come with a detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and a 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug for connecting to devices. Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser etched serial number and comes with a specially designed hard carrying case.
- 58 mm integrated driver units utilize a Permendur magnetic circuit with exceptional magnetic characteristics
- Japanese craftsmanship: Each housing is carefully hand assembled in Tokyo
- Tungsten-coated diaphragm provides high rigidity for an improved transient response
- Integrated driver unit design combines diaphragm, voice coil, baffle and magnet in single unit to reduce unwanted vibration
- Each pair of headphones is individually identified by a laser etched serial number and comes with a specially designed hard carrying case
- Newly developed Core Mount Technology places driver unit in optimal position for improved airflow and excellent full-range audio reproduction
- Magnesium frame results in rigid, thin, lightweight construction
- New honeycomb-punched housing design blocks side ventilation to prevent undesirable air pressure loss
- Luxurious Alcantara material used on earpads and headband, providing amazing comfort and durability
|Driver Diameter||58 mm|
|Frequency Response||5 – 50,000 Hz|
|Maximum Input Power||1,000 mw|
|Cable||Detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC connectors|
|Connector||6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug|
In the Box
- Detachable 3.0 m (9.8') cable with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones and 6.3 mm (1/4") gold-plated stereo plug
- Hard carrying case
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I purchased the adx5000 from BloomAudio last year. Great service and shipping was super fast, A+.
I have a bunch of others high end hps in collection that I love them all. The Audio Technica adx5k is on the top of my list. What you get is a truly high end sounding experience. It sounds so beautiful and delightful, also so pleasing, you just don’t want to put them down. The clarity was the first think that came to mind. It has a great sense of black background, where everything comes to light. The instrument separating is outstanding, nothing gets in the way of others instruments. The highs cymbals are one of the most beautiful I have heard. The midrange has a velvety texture to it, with zero harshness, no disturbing peaks here. The bass sounds right, nothing is overblown. Dynamic driver, neutral, open back, the adx5k is definitely one of the best out there. Now, for closed back hps, I am feeling over the moon with the Audio Technica ath-awkt. I just can’t believe how incredible they sound. After the burning in, probably 20hrs now, it is still early I think, and with well recorded songs, with real instruments, the AWKT is sounding like a closed back King of hps. For acoustic or Jazz songs, it is outshining others in my collection. The dual acoustic chambers in the awkt with the right songs, good God, be ready for an incredible listening session, it sounds so good. I can’t recommend enough, so worth my friends. This is it! Cheers.....
Just got it for my newly arrived bha100 amplifier (also made by audio technica). The headphones itself is with a very healthy middle band and a naturally extended high frequency response, adding a suitable bass. The sound stage is also impressing, thanks to its open-back structure. Under my bha100 The sound is a little bit warmer, making it even better atmosphere for pop musics.