HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE | Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier
HeadAmp's flagship level Special Edition Electrostatic headphone amp the Blue Hawaii SE
- Available with DACT 24-STEP or upgraded ALPS RK50 STEPLESS volume controls
- (x4) EL34/6CA7 vacuum tubes
- (x1) XLR and (x2) RCA inputs, (x2) Stax Pro Bias (580V) headphone jacks
- Beautiful aesthetics and premium, detailed sound
There is simply no other amp on the market capable of providing electrostatic headphones with the accuracy, drive, detail, and control of the Blue Hawaii SE. When paired with popular EST headphones such as the Dan Clark Audio Voce, Stax SR-009S or SR-007MkII, the headphones come alive with detail, transparency, and bass control unachievable by lesser amps. With natural musicality, texture, tone, and more power on tap than any other commercial EST headphone amp, the Blue Hawaii SE can easily find a place in your audio system. It truly is the Electrostatic king of amplifiers.
The Electrostatic Workhorse
The Blue Hawaii SE is a flagship HeadAmp product and based on over a decade's experience building electrostatic headphone amplifiers, it is designed not only to power the toughest headphone loads on the market, but to do so for a lifetime. No expense was spared in the design and build of the Blue Hawaii SE, and every amplifier is tested extensively throughout the build process, as well as before, and after an extensive burn-in process to ensure the best possible performance.
The Blue Hawaii SE is available with two volume control options. The first is a 24-level step attenuator, providing perfect channel matching at each possible volume level. For those who desire infinitely granular volume control, we offer the ALPS RK50 potentiometer, the highest-grade part of its kind, which gives you the freedom to set the volume precisely without compromising sound quality.
There are also two options for feet on the Blue Hawaii SE. The precisely machined and finished aluminum spike feet match the accent color of the front panels ad tube rings, and are compatible with various audiophile isolation platforms. We also include a set of rubber feet that offer different isolation characteristics, and a non-mar option for delicate surfaces.
- Type: Low noise dual JFET input
- (x4) EL34/6CA7 vacuum tube output
- Frequency Response: 5Hz-20KHz +/- 0.3dB
- THD: 0.003% @ 1KHz/100VRMS C
- Gain: 54dB (500x)
- Input Impedance: 50K Ω
- Output Voltage: 1600V peak-to-peak
- Line Voltage: 115/120V
- Power Consumption: 180W
- Inputs: (x1) XLR, (x2) RCA
- (x2) Stax Pro Bias (580V) headphone jacks
- (x1) XLR, (x1) RCA loop output
- Amp with tubes (W x D x H): 15.5" (394mm) x 13.5" (343mm) x 8.5" (216mm)
- Power Supply (W x D x H): 7.7" (195mm) x 12.5" (317mm) x 4.5" (114mm)
- Amp: 14lb (6.4Kg)
- Power Supply: 17lb (7.7Kg)
- Power Cable (connects PS to amp): 4' (1.2m)