iFi NEO iDSD impresses. Underneath a simple, elegant exterior, it’s an extremely capable unit, especially when you consider its Bluetooth connectivity options and MQA support. Put it all together and its design, connectivity, and high quality construction, coupled with its musical presentation and excellent soundstage make it an excellent choice for a desktop DAC/amp under $1000.
NEO. The new wave of digital sound. Bleeding-edge Bluetooth. MQA decoding. Balanced.
The DAC/amp. Reloaded. The NEO iDSD is our new 3-in-one DAC/amp. With balanced ‘PureWave’ circuitry, unbeatable hi-res Bluetooth5.0 and MQA, it is the ultimate in hi-res playback. Place it horizontally or vertically to suit its surroundings. The OLED display flips to match orientation. One rotary knob controls functionality. Sleek, sophisticated and versatile.
Enjoy the NEO iDSD as a pure DAC. Connect it to a separate integrated amp or preamp using the fixed-level analogue output. Or treat it as a DAC/preamp with a variable output. The ideal companion to a power amp or active speakers. And headphone users will love using the excellent amp stage to create a fabulous ‘head-fi’ system.
Love your music but also love gaming? The NEO iDSD will enhance your current or next-gen gameplay. Feel more immersed than ever before as sound finally matches picture in spectacular fashion. Pair it with new the PS5 or Xbox Series X for the ultimate gaming experience.
- Supports DSD512, PCM768, and MQA 385kHz
- Completely purist design without any DSP
- Fully-balanced differential DAC/amplifier with 1040mW output
- Bluetooth 5.0 up to 24/96kHz: aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adpative, aptX LL, LDAC, HWA/LHDC, AAC, and SBC
- Audiophile grade components designed to reproduce music without any distortion or coloration
- Built-in MQA file decoding to please even the most demanding audio connoiseurs
- Native DSD/PCD Burr-Brown 4-channel DAC chipset
- Extremely low THD: <0.0015% and ultra-high SNR: >120dB
- Digital inputs: USB3.0 B (USB2.0 compatible) S/PDIF (coaxial/optical)/Bluetooth 5.0.
- Analogue outputs: XLR/RCA
- Headphone outputs: 4.4mm Balanced/6.3mm Unbalanced
- Ultra fast USB interface with 16 logic cores and up to 2000MIPS processing power.
- Digital Inputs: USB3.0 B (USB2.0 compatible)/S-PDIF (coaxial/optical)/
- TM Bluetooth 5.0 ( AAC, SBC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, LHDC/HWA Codec)
- Formats: DSD512/256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD
- DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz), Double/Single-Speed DXD
- PCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz)
- Bluetooth 96kHz
- Balanced XLR: 6.3V / 7.7V max. (variable) 4.4V fixed
- UnBAL RCA: 3.2V / 3.9V max. (variable) 2.2V fixxed
- Balanced: <= 100Ω
- UnBAL:: <= 50Ω
- SNR: -112dB(A) @ 0dBFS (UnBAL/BAL)
- DNR: >116dB(A) @ -60dBFS (UnBAL/BAL)
- THD + N: <0.0015% @ 0dBFS (UnBAL/BAL)
- Balanced: 2V / 6.2V max. 12Ω - 600Ω Headphone
- UnBAL : 1V / 3.3V max. 12Ω - 300Ω Headphone
- Output Power:
- Balanced: >6.4V/68.6 mW (@ 600Ω)
- >5.77V/1040 mW (@ 32Ω)
- UnBAL: >3.25V/17.6 mW (@ 600Ω)
- >3V/295 mW (@ 32Ω)
- Output Impedance: <1Ω (UnBAL/BAL)
- SNR: -112dBA (3.3V UnBAL/6.2V BAL)
- DNR: -120dB(A)
- THD + N: <0.0015% (125mW @ 32Ω)
- Power consumption: No Signal ~0.5W
- Max Signal ~2.5W
- Input voltage: DC 5V/2.5A, AC 100 -240V, 50/60Hz (with iPower)
- Dimensions: 214 x146 x 41 mm
- 8.4" x 5.7" x 1.6"
- Weight: 970 g (2.14 Ibs)
99.9% of orders placed before 4pm EDT go out the same day. We ship USPS and UPS. Everything we sell has a free shipping option available other than accessories under $50 and international shipping for the few products we sell outside the US.
For items under $300, free shipping takes 2-4 business days. For items over $300, free priority shipping takes 1-3 business days. For items over $1000, we pretty much always will get it to you within business 2 days. Signature is required upon delivery. We also offer a variety of expedited shipping options.
Tracking info is provided via email as soon as we ship.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
The Neo is a great sounding dac/amp from iFi and being my 2nd product from them (also have the Hip Dac) it has that "iFi sound signature.
The overall tone is on the warm side but not so much that warm headphones don't sound good. I use my Sony Z1R a lot with it and the Neo gives them a sound that I haven't heard with any of my other gear, it very musical with soul yet still very detailed and clear.
All my headphones sound great with the Neo and it's a very simple piece of kit in the best way possible. No extra filters that normally don't even do anything just pure clean sound. The build quality is very good and unlike some comments I've seen I think it looks quite nice, I especially like that it can stand straight up to take up less space on my desk and nightstand.
Overall I'm very impressed with the Neo because it just does what a good dac/amp should and that play music that sounds really good without all the extra filters and things that never really help make them sound better. I highly recommend Neo for anyone looking to step up the SQ from more entry level gear.