iFi ZEN Stream gives you affordable, versatile, lossless Wifi streaming
- Lossless WiFi streaming for virtually any kind of setup
- Connect to Roon, DLNA, or use the built-in TIDAL Connect, Spotify integration, or other options
- Use the official app for a streamlined setup experience
- Compact ZEN form factor gives you lots of power in a small package
ZEN Stream gives lossless WiFi streameing on a budget. It offers support for virtually any option you want, from AirPlay to Roon to open standards like DLNA. Combine the easy setup, lossless streaming, and flxeibility, and ZEN Stream is the king of value for WiFi streamers.
Find your ZEN
Beneath its classy exterior, the ZEN Stream is a technological streamer-de-force. It has one purpose – to send music from the Internet to your DAC with no loss of quality.
True hi-res performance of PCM384/DSD256 via WiFi/LAN. Just add your smart device as a remote and away you go.
Optimised open-source architecture – works with multiple dedicated platforms, completely and perfectly future-proofed as it is constantly updated.
Ease of use + audiophile implementation. It is the bee’s knees of Streamers.
ZEN Stream From iFi audio
Warp speed tech.
ZEN Stream is a true ground-up design by iFi — the hardware and software implementation is quite exceptional:
- Two SuperSpeed USB3.0 ports with Active Noise Cancellation II
- S/PDIF out with the iPurifier built-in
- Power supply with Silent Power tech
- iFi software developed with Volumio open-source as the starting point, then coded and optimised by us to achieve the purest streaming software bar none
These are some of the factors behind why the ZEN Stream is at the cutting-edge handling PCM384/DSD256 on LAN and WiFi (802.11n, with 100Mbps on 5Ghz).
‘Exclusive’ for your ears only.
The ZEN Stream has one of the most fully-optimised software platforms in the world.
From the device’s drivers, to the kernel (the heart of the operating system), to the shell (which interfaces with the kernel), to the applications and the user interface — everything is fully optimised for seamless operation and excellent sonic performance.
An ingenious part of the ZEN Stream’s design is the ability to select between ‘Exclusive’ modes – individual settings dedicated to specific modes of operation to deliver the purest possible performance. All other programs are shut down – to minimise ‘software jitter’ — an often overlooked aspect that negatively impacts the quality of computer audio playback.
This ensures that the ZEN Stream is not merely a ‘jack of all trades’, but a master of all too.
- All-in-one (AIO) covers all modes
- DLNA streaming
- NAA streaming
- Roon Bridge streaming*
- Tidal streaming
- *Roon Ready coming soon
Who’s who of Streaming.
Hot off the press, the ZEN Stream has the following connectivity options:
- Stream straight from Spotify/Tidal apps with Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- Works with any DLNA certified streaming app (our own app is imminent!)
- Integrated Airplay and Chromecast* – easy streaming from Apple and Android devices
- Roon compatible – basically, it adds Roon to any DAC.
- NAA operation in conjunction with Sygnalist’s HQPlayer software
- *Chromecast to come in a future update.
Beneath the unassuming casework sits some serious horsepower in terms of both technologies and components:
- Powerful 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex microprocessor
- USB and S/PDIF interfaces regulated by femto-precision GMT clock to eradicate jitter
- Active Noise Cancellation II and iPurifier technologies for USB and S/PDIF interfaces respectively
- Intelligent Ethernet switch controller
- High-PSRR, low idle current, low-dropout voltage regulators with soft start
- Synchronous 1.6MHz high-speed precision power supply controller
- C0G capacitors and Taiyo Yuden and Murata low ESR inductors
This is a true hi-res device. It uniquely supports PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz over Wi-Fi as well as Ethernet cable, plus DSD up to 11.2MHz (DSD256). Highly unusual in a Wi-Fi streamer.
Our ‘exclusive modes’ give you individual settings dedicated to specific modes of operation to deliver the purest possible performance.
This non-specific mode is great for all platforms, audio formats and devices.
Select this mode to optimise performance when using the ZEN Stream with DLNA-compatible apps and devices.
Select this mode when using the ZEN Stream as a Network Audio Adapter in conjunction with Signalyst HQPlayer software.
Roon Bridge streaming
Select this mode when integrating the ZEN Stream into a ROON environment.
If you are a subscriber to Tidal’s Masters Tier, this is the mode for you.
Input voltage: DC 9V/1.8A-15V/0.8A, AC 100 -240V, 50/60Hz
Input: WiFi / Ethernet / USBDISKHDD etc
Output: USB3.0/ Type-ASocket x2 and SPDIF (Coaxial)
- No Signal ~6W
- Max Signal ~10W
Dimensions: 158 x 100 x 35 mm / 6.2" x 3.9" x 1.4"
Net weight: 578g (1.14 lbs)
Warranty period: 12 months
In the Box
- 1 x ZEN Stream
- 1 x Power Adapter
- 1 x Ethernet Cable
- 1 x Antenna
- 1 x Plastic screwdriver
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Instruction card