Who is Clyde?
Clyde is an insurance technology company that has built a marketplace of top-tier insurers and administrators. Clyde enables Bloom Audio to offer customers product protection coverage above and beyond the manufacturer warranty. We work closely with Clyde to manage our Protection Plan program.
What’s included in the Clyde Protection Plan?
The Clyde Protection Plan covers:
- Accidental damage from handling from the date of purchase
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns after the manufacturer's warranty expires up to 3 total years
- Repairs at no additional cost for approved claims, reimbursement or replacement if product can't be repaired
For example, your product is covered if:
- It is run over by a car
- A hole or tear is created during normal use
- It is dropped in the pool or a toilet and no longer functions correctly
What is not included in the Clyde Protection Plan?
The Clyde Protection Plan does not cover:
- Cosmetic damage, like scratches or dents that do not impact your product's functionality
- Damage from third-party assembly or third-party maintenance of your product
- Loss or theft
- Other exclusions (see Clyde Terms & Conditions)
For example, your product is NOT covered if:
- Cosmetic damage occurs (e.g. scratches, dents) that does not impede product functionality
- A 3rd party incorrectly installs a product or feature rendering damage to the unit
- The product is lost or stolen
How do I view the detailed terms and conditions of the Clyde Protection Plan before I buy it?
You can view the details of the Service Agreement in the Terms and Conditions contract here.
When does the Clyde Protection Plan begin and end?
Clyde Protection Plan begins when your product is delivered and ends 1, 2, or 3 years from the start date, based on your selection.
Do I qualify for Clyde Protection Plan options?
The Clyde Protection Plan is available to you if all of the following are true:
- You are a customer in the United States of America (excluding territories)
- You purchased your product directly from the Bloom Audio
- You have purchased your product within 60 days
When are you ineligible to purchase a Clyde Protection Plan?
- Customers cannot purchase a Protection Plan AFTER a breakdown occurs
- Customers cannot purchase a Protection Plan if there are fewer than 60 days remaining in the limited warranty period
- You have purchased your product more than 60 days ago
Are batteries covered?
No, Clyde Protection Plans do not cover a product's battery.
How do I purchase a Clyde Protection Plan?
You can purchase a protection plan from the Bloom Audio website during checkout when purchasing your product. You will receive a popup when adding an item to your cart if the item qualifies. You can also reach out to us within 60 days of your order to purchase it separately.
How can I file a claim?
To file a claim on hiclyde.com, you have two options:
By logging in to your account and selecting the corresponding product
As a guest using the contract ID found on your welcome email
Can I file multiple claims?
Yes, you can file multiple claims using your Clyde Protection Plan during the course of the contract’s term. You are covered for multiple repairs up to the value of the original product purchase price. If your claim is approved for a full reimbursement or replacement product, then your contract is fulfilled. You will have the option to purchase a new protection plan for your replacement on hiclyde.com.
Is there a deductible?
There are no deductibles.
Is the Clyde Protection Plan transferable?
Yes, this Clyde Protection Plan may be transferred to any person in the United States. To initiate the transfer of a Clyde Protection Plan, contact Clyde via e-mail at email@example.com.
Can the Clyde Protection Plan be canceled?
Yes, plans may be canceled by contacting Clyde via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. See Terms & Conditions for details.