GREAT player - best I've used... when it's working.
Bar none, the best experience I've ever had with a DAP.
Marred only by the fact that (perhaps only) my particular unit seems to power-off randomly mid-listen.
Were this not the case, it'd get 5++++ stars.
Bloom audio, of course, ALWAYS gets 5 stars - they're the best out there!
1.Sound was pretty thin at first, but after about 80 hours of burn in the sound is excellent. Especially noticeable is the wide sound stage. I compared it with my Hiby R6 Pro, Fiio M11 Pro and Ibasso DX220 and the sound experience on the DX300 is superior to them all.
2. Performance is fast. When I copy files over via local network it is much faster than any of my other players. Boot time is pretty quick and there is no lag in display performance.
3. Large display will probably be a big plus for those who want to view videos or play games on this device. My primary use is as an audio player, so if that is also what you are looking for then this display is probably overkill. However, despite its size it still fits in my pocket easily.
4. I have no issues with the included case. It is a pretty good quality case and I have no issues with the player slipping out of the case. Perhaps Ibasso had addressed this issue already.
There are a few negatives that hopefully can be fixed in future updates.
1. Mango does not import playlists properly. The playlist can be imported but it only includes a partial list of the songs in the .m3u playlist.
2. Hi-res .dsf files will not work when using USB audio player pro. I just get a loud squealing noise trying to play these files.They do work with Mango and Neutron, so the issue here appears to be with USB audio player pro app. There is no issue using this app with .dsf files on the other players.
3. Despite what I have seen in other reviews, the display brightness is not very high. Even with the brightness turned all the way up, I am unable to see anything on the display in bright sunlight.
This is a great player and I’m using it on a daily basis and very much enjoying it with my IEMs. The OS is extraordinarily fast and clean and the sound is fantastic. As always, Bloom Audio came through for me with rapid shipping and excellent support/communication. Be aware that this is a large beautifully made device but the leather case is more of a slip case and the unit can easily slip out if you are not careful. I can’t stand the case because I feel like I have to be so careful all the time so I don’t drop the unit. That being said the rest of it is amazing.