The DX220 MAX is the king of versatility. It sounds amazing with a huge range of headphones and IEMs, and its ability to fulfill other roles as part of your hi-fi system like a dedicated player, or a DAP adds additional value. Read the full review.
- The digital and analog sections of the DX220MAX are powered separately, with each having an independent charging system. The digital and analog hardware and signal communications, adopt optocouplers and I2C isolators to completely isolate the digital to analog sections from any interference.
- The AMP section is powered by a true +/- 8.4V battery pack. No voltage boost is used, which ensures the highest purity and current output.
- An optimized super class A discrete amp circuit, based on the AMP8 module, which eliminates the switching distortion of transistors, while providing the sound signature of a class A amplifier, that also significantly reduces heat generation, is used.
- The MAX has versatile outputs that incorporate a 4.4mm balanced line out, 4.4mm balanced phone out, and a 3.5mm single ended phone out. The voltage output of the 3.5mm single ended is up to 4.4V RMS, and the balanced phone out is up to 8.8V RMS.
- Kemet polymer tantalum, Toshin UTSJ, Panasonic, Nichicon Audio Electronic, Amtrans PET film capacitors are used in the MAX.
- A custom 4-wiper potentiometer that has less than +/-2dB channel tolerance has been selected.
- Dual SABRE ES9028PRO DAC Chips are incorporated.
- Bit for Bit playback with support up to 32bit/384kHz.
- Support of Native DSD up to 512x.
- 5.0" IPS full screen (1080*1920), with On Cell capacitive touch panel.
- Corning glass on the front screen and rear panel.
- Support of QC3.0, PD2.0, & MTK PE Plus quick charge for digital section.
- XMOS USB receiver with Thesycon USB audio driver, making this an easy to use USB DAC.
- A Total of 5 pcs of Femtosecond league oscillators, with 2 of them being Accusilicon ultra low phase noise Femtosecond oscillators.
- 8-core CPU.
- Mini optical output and mini coaxial output.
- 4GB LPDDR3.
- 128G internal memory.
- 5G WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0.
- Support SDXC and SDHC Micro SD cards.
- Three settings of gain control.
- Audio Formats Supported: MQA, APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, OGG, MP3, DFF, DSF and DXD.
- Support for M3U playlists.
- 4400mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer battery for the digital section, and 4 pcs 900mAh Li-polymer battery form the +/-8.4V battery pack for the analog section.
In the Box
- USB-C cable
- 4.4mm balanced to 3.5mm single ended cable
- CA02 2.5mm balanced to 4.4mm balanced adapter
- AC adapter (18V)
- Coaxial cable
- Balanced burn-in cable
- Leather case
- Screen protector
- Warranty card
- Quick start guide
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
For my tastes, this is my end game device. From a sound/music experience, this the best I have come across. The soundstage is awesome, detail wise it is just superb and if it was smaller would carry it everywhere.. it is that good. Idiosyncracies aside, like usb otg doesnt work in pure mango and physical weight size, it is still like audio gold for this person. Definetly would do it again if units were available. It is the best that I have come across. Bass is really punchy, vocals and mids are accurate and true to lifelike, treble is tight and spot on.
So I would buy device again, hands down..it is what a device should play the music to make it engaging and lose oneself in the music.
iBasso DX220 MAX | Endgame Digital Audio Player
This thing competes with some decent high-price desktop AMP/DACs but the usability and smoothness of operation is not up to par with recent android devices that it's based on. It's a forget and go thing. Leave it on your favorite playlist and enjoy!