Ohhh baby. Following up to the smash success that was the Andromeda Special Edition Gold, our friends at Campfire Audio went ahead and put together this drool-worthy creation. We're already in love with the classic Solaris soundstage as it is...and this the Special Edition has been tweaked to expand the soundstage and also subtly elevate the vocal range performance. Our loins are girded.
- New 3D printed ceramic acoustic chambers and natural abalone inlaid lids highlight this limited edition release.
- Acoustic enhancements unique to this special edition deliver a sound that further refines Solaris’s sonic signature.
- Hand selected natural abalone inlays offer each pair a unique finish.
- Limited Edition: 900 total units worldwide.
3D printing in new high density ceramic material has opened the door to exciting new sonic opportunities. Revisiting the acoustic chamber design of Solaris in this new material allowed us to further refine the performance of this critically acclaimed earphone. Internal geometries have been tweaked to expand the soundstage and subtly elevate the vocal range performance.
Mixing from our palate of audio technologies, a sonic masterpiece emerged.
By incorporating our many individual acoustic technologies into Solaris we were able to create an exceptional earphone. Solaris is a hybrid design, blending the best of the balanced armature performance with the physicality of dynamic drivers. It features 2 custom balanced armature drivers paired with our T.A.E.C for extended highs, without sibilance or fatigue. A large single balanced armature driver provides rich delivery of mid frequencies. A specially tuned version of our 10mm A.D.L.C. dynamic driver, optimized with our Polarity Tuned Chamber, anchors the sonic performance with deeply engaging mid-frequency tonality and visceral bass response.
Crafted by hand from years of experience
Each pair of Solaris Special Edition is hand crafted in our Portland, Oregon workshop. Our team of skilled builders pour their time and attention into each earphone we produce. The attention to detail paid throughout the process ensures your Solaris Special Edition will be a world-class earphone unlike any other.
Premium Accompanying Accessories
Our Solaris Special Edition includes our excellent Super Litz cable. It is made from four large gauge conductors of Silver-plated Copper Litz wire with varying diameter stranding. The Super Litz cable is the perfect balance of physical gauge and performance. The cable is terminated with our custom beryllium/copper MMCX connectors and over-molded 3.5mm plug. This cable brings out the best in Solaris Special Edition. Now without memory wire. Our premium signature black leather case provides the protection your Solaris needs with a handsome finish. Also included are a wide assortment of earphone tips, a cleaning tool, and our official Campfire Audio lapel pin.
- Tuned Acoustic Expansion Chamber (T.A.E.C.)™ – Our tuned acoustic expansion chamber technology allows us to deliver extended high frequencies without sibilance or fatigue. We optimize our driver performance by adjusting the volume of space available in front of the driver. This is superior to the typical “Tube+Dampener” system because it provides a direct passage from the driver to your ear, which results in unsurpassed clarity and extension.
- Polarity Tuned Chamber. Our Polarity Tuned Chamber allows us to optimize the sonic performance of our dynamic drivers. Deploying particular volume cavities, both in front of and behind our dynamic driver, we can pull bigger sounds from smaller drivers. This also gives us the ability, in the case of hybrid designs, to specifically target the driver performance.
- 3D printed ceramic acoustically optimized chambers. Close attention to detail is critical to delivering you the superior musical experience from our earphones. Solaris Special Edition features an acoustically optimized interior model from 3D printed ceramic material that allows each driver to deliver the very best sound quality. When heard together, the drivers offer a seamless musical experience as a result of this process.
- 5Hz–20 kHz Frequency Response
- 115 dB SPL/mW Sensitivity
- 10 Ohms @ 1kHz Impedance
- Less than 1% Total Harmonic Distortion
- Natural Abalone Inlaid Lid
- 3D Printed Ceramic Acoustic Chambers
- Durable PVD Finished Body
- Dual Custom Balanced Armature Drivers + T.A.E.C. (High)
- Single Custom Balanced Armature Driver (Mid)
- Specially Tuned 10mm Dynamic Driver (Mid + Low)
- Plasma enhanced Chemical Vapor Depostion (C.V.D.) Amorphous Diamond Like Carbon (A.D.L.C.) Diaphragm.
- Beryllium / Copper MMCX Connections
- Stainless Steel Spout
- Campfire Audio Solaris Special Edition Earphones
- Campfire Audio Premium Leather Earphone Case
- Campfire Audio Super Litz Cable (3.5 mm Termination)
- Final Audio E-Type Tips (xs/s/m/l/xl)
- Campfire Audio Marshmallow Earphone Tips (s/m/l)
- Silicon Earphone Tips (s/m/l)
- Campfire Audio Lapel Pin
- Cleaning Tool
- Earphone Protection Sleeve
99.9% of orders placed before 4pm EDT go out the same day. We ship USPS and UPS. Everything we sell has a free shipping option available other than accessories under $50 and international shipping for the few products we sell outside the US.
For items under $300, free shipping takes 2-4 business days. For items over $300, free priority shipping takes 1-3 business days. For items over $1000, we pretty much always will get it to you within business 2 days. Signature is required upon delivery. We also offer a variety of expedited shipping options.
Tracking info is provided via email as soon as we ship.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I tried a set of these IEM's and returned them .
While they were great to look at, I was a little disappointed withe the fit and sound !
I have owned 4 different Campfire audio products, but for the money, this was my least satisfying product from them . I will not give up hope but I think they can do much better for the price .