iFi Audio is on the rise, y'all. The ZEN DAC redefined the entry level DAC/amp last year, and iFi is doing it again to portable DAC/amps this year with the hip-dac. We love this thing. It's solid, sexy, pocketable, powerful, and most importantly – sounds way better than you'd expect at this price. Wholeheartedly recommended.
Check out this impressions video by our owner: https://youtu.be/eC7J2zZtzYk
From iFi Audio
Smartly dressed in petrol blue with a touch of copper, the go-anywhere hip-dac is designed to slip discretely into a pocket and offers an extensive hi-res specification that belies its eminently affordable $149 price tag.
The hip-dac replaces the inferior DAC (Digital-to-Analogue Convertor) and amp circuitry in smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs to vastly improve headphone sound.
Its design and performance set it apart from other DAC/headphone amps in its class. Connect your playback device via USB, plug in your favorite corded headphones or in-ear monitors and the hip-dac delivers a sound brimming with bold dynamism and fluid refinement, effortlessly engaging the listener with all manner of music.
In the home, in the office, on a train or plane – the hip-dac is the music lover’s inseparable friend.
- Enjoy mind-blowing music at your fingertips quickly and easily with the user-friendly, compact hip-dac.
- Connect the hip-dac via USB between your smart device, laptop and corded headphones while out and about.
- Hook it up to your PC or Mac at home or in the office.
- The hip-dac delivers hi-res, ‘bit perfect’ PCM and DXD up to 384kHz and up to DSD256 DSD256 as well as MQA.
- Make the most of your balanced headphones wherever you are with the hip-dac’s 4.4mm sockets.
- Reap the benefits of balanced even with normal headphones as the 3.5mm single-ended socket uses our unique S-Balanced technology to cut crosstalk and distortion in half.
- The analogue output stage of the hip-dac is a balanced (differential) design which means less interference and crosstalk.
- Tailor the sound of the hip-dac to your playback priorities with additional, exclusive iFi firmware.
- Benefit from PowerMatch – switchable gain – to cater for headphone sensitivity.
- Turn on XBass to add missing bass to open backed headphones or IEMs
- DSD256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD
- USB 3.0 type ’A’
- High-Speed Asynchronous USB 2.0, (32bit/384kHz)
- Balanced 4.4mm
- Single-Ended S-Balanced 3.5mm
Power Output: 2.0V/400 mW @ 16 Ohm
Battery: Lithium-polymer 2200mAh
Power System: Charging via USB-C, BC V1.2 compliant up to 1000mA charging current
Power (max): <2W idle, 4W max
Dimensions: 102(l) x 70(w) x 14(h) mm Weight: 125g (0.28 lbs)
- iFi hip-dac
- Male USB A to Female USB A Cable (PC to hip-dac)
- OTG USB-C Cable
- Male USB A to USB C Charging Cable
- Manual Card
- Warranty Card
- Silicone Pads x 4
“The iFi hip-dac offers a superb alternative to the built-in DAC/amp found in any common digital-audio source device. Its sound is super clean, open, and liquid smooth, and it’s compatible with a wide variety of digital-audio formats “
“The hip-dac is a small hip flask device full of technology that is also used on their more expensive units. It has great sound quality with flexibility and usefulness for days and the features list is long and does it all without a hitch.”
“The hip-dac is a thing to behold at $150. With a portable form factor, a sturdy build, a very smooth sound, and the ability to power all but the highest-impedance of headphones, it’s my pleasure to highly recommend the hip-dac.”
99.9% of orders placed before 5pm EDT go out the same day. We ship USPS and UPS. Transit times range from 1-4 days depending on location (we're in NJ). Signature is required upon delivery. We also offer a variety of expedited shipping options.
Tracking info is provided via email as soon as we ship.