The ATH-R70x is Audio-Technica’s first pair of open-back reference professional headphones. Together with the ATH-M70x, they stand as a flagship model in A-T’s lineup of professional studio headphones. Featuring specially designed drivers and acoustically transparent housings fashioned from aluminum honeycomb mesh, these headphones provide an accurate and natural open-back sound. They also incorporate a new, improved design of our popular 3D wing support system to provide even greater comfort during the prolonged use often required in professional settings. Robust yet lightweight, and equipped with a unique, dual-sided detachable cable that automatically maintains proper stereo orientation (no matter how it’s attached), the R70x headphones are built for lasting comfort, convenience and audio purity.
- High-efficiency magnets and pure alloy magnetic circuit design reduce distortion and ensure accurate and extended high-frequency response
- Carbon composite resin improves structural rigidity to provide detailed transient response
- Acoustically transparent, aluminum honeycomb-mesh housings provide a natural and spacious open-back sound
- Breathable fabric earpads and improved wing support provide long-wearing comfort
- Feather-light weight (approx. 210 g w/o cable) and robust construction make headphones perfectly suited for professional use
- Unique, dual-sided detachable locking cable is L/R signal independent, always ensuring proper stereo orientation
|Driver Diameter||45 mm|
|Frequency Response||5 - 40,000 Hz|
|Maximum Input Power||1,000 mW at 1 kHz|
|Weight||210 g (7.4 oz), without cable and connector|
- Protective carrying pouch
Every order ships free, no minimums, no restrictions. 99% of orders placed by 5pm EDT go out the same day. We ship USPS and UPS. Transit times range from 1-4 days depending on location (we're in NJ). Signature is required upon delivery. If you have any special requests, give us a shout. We're very accomodating.
Tracking info will be provided as soon as we ship.