iFi Audio is on the rise, y'all. The ZEN DAC redefined the entry level DAC/amp last year, and iFi is doing it again to portable DAC/amps this year with the hip-dac. We love this thing. It's solid, sexy, pocketable, powerful, and most importantly – sounds way better than you'd expect at this price. Wholeheartedly recommended.
Check out this impressions video by our owner: https://youtu.be/eC7J2zZtzYk
From iFi Audio
Smartly dressed in petrol blue with a touch of copper, the go-anywhere hip-dac is designed to slip discretely into a pocket and offers an extensive hi-res specification that belies its eminently affordable $149 price tag.
The hip-dac replaces the inferior DAC (Digital-to-Analogue Convertor) and amp circuitry in smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs to vastly improve headphone sound.
Its design and performance set it apart from other DAC/headphone amps in its class. Connect your playback device via USB, plug in your favorite corded headphones or in-ear monitors and the hip-dac delivers a sound brimming with bold dynamism and fluid refinement, effortlessly engaging the listener with all manner of music.
In the home, in the office, on a train or plane – the hip-dac is the music lover’s inseparable friend.
- Enjoy mind-blowing music at your fingertips quickly and easily with the user-friendly, compact hip-dac.
- Connect the hip-dac via USB between your smart device, laptop and corded headphones while out and about.
- Hook it up to your PC or Mac at home or in the office.
- The hip-dac delivers hi-res, ‘bit perfect’ PCM and DXD up to 384kHz and up to DSD256 DSD256 as well as MQA.
- Make the most of your balanced headphones wherever you are with the hip-dac’s 4.4mm sockets.
- Reap the benefits of balanced even with normal headphones as the 3.5mm single-ended socket uses our unique S-Balanced technology to cut crosstalk and distortion in half.
- The analogue output stage of the hip-dac is a balanced (differential) design which means less interference and crosstalk.
- Tailor the sound of the hip-dac to your playback priorities with additional, exclusive iFi firmware.
- Benefit from PowerMatch – switchable gain – to cater for headphone sensitivity.
- Turn on XBass to add missing bass to open backed headphones or IEMs
- DSD256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD
- USB 3.0 type ’A’
- High-Speed Asynchronous USB 2.0, (32bit/384kHz)
- Balanced 4.4mm
- Single-Ended S-Balanced 3.5mm
Power Output: 2.0V/400 mW @ 16 Ohm
Battery: Lithium-polymer 2200mAh
Power System: Charging via USB-C, BC V1.2 compliant up to 1000mA charging current
Power (max): <2W idle, 4W max
Dimensions: 102(l) x 70(w) x 14(h) mm Weight: 125g (0.28 lbs)
- iFi hip-dac
- Male USB A to Female USB A Cable (PC to hip-dac)
- OTG USB-C Cable
- Male USB A to USB C Charging Cable
- Manual Card
- Warranty Card
- Silicone Pads x 4
99.9% of orders placed before 5pm EDT go out the same day. We ship USPS and UPS. Transit times range from 1-4 days depending on location (we're in NJ). Signature is required upon delivery. We also offer a variety of expedited shipping options.
Tracking info is provided via email as soon as we ship.