Is this love at first site? Yes. The very moment we laid our eyes on the SA700, we were smitten. The world class industrial designers at Astell&Kern went back to their roots and created this nostalgic new player incorporating their classic AK120 look in a fresh new player with bleeding edge tech. And to top it all off, this thing sounds better than any other DAP in its class. It's the first to use the new AK4492ECB Dual DAC with bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit 384kHz and native DSD playback up to 11.2MHz.
With the launch of Astell&Kern's first product in 2012, we always aim to deliver uncompromising sound to music lovers. One day we decided to ask ourselves a question - "What if we combined Astell&Kern's first starting point and present?" We wanted to combine the analog sensibilities that remained in our hearts with the sound technology that has evolved over the years since our first product was released. We wanted to create the best sound that only we can do.
"Past Meets Present"
The SA700 is a product where past emotions and current technology meet. The SA700 is an evolution of technology and design that deliver the ultimate sound to Astell&Kern original design and sensibility.
- Emotional Retro Design
- Intuitive LED Indicator
- New Special GUI
- Stainless Steel Body for Premium Sound
- Ideal Size for Portability
- Dual DAC of AK4492ECB from AKM
- 32bit / 384kHz, Native DSD256 support
We took the original design of AK120 and redesigned it into a simple, but refined form. With the latest technology, the deeper and stronger sound of the SA700 delivers new experiences and values not found in other products.
First DAP Using AKM AK4492ECB DAC
The SA700 is the first DAP to use a AK4492ECB Dual DAC to give a new sound signature. AKM's AK4492ECB is a DAC that aims to achieve the best performance in the industry by utilizing the technology obtained by developing AK4497EQ. It has a lower power consumption and similar audio performance compared to AK4497EQ, making it the best DAC for a portable DAP.
Only Astell&Kern's Sound Technology know-how has made the DAC's performance even more perfect. Now you can enjoy premium sound close to the original performance with the SA700 and the AK4492ECB.
Unchanging Value, Stainless Steel
The SA700 uses stainless steel, which is corrosion-resistant and durable, for maximum material strength and beauty. Since it takes a lot of time, skill and cost to process the material, it is often only used for expensive products. The SA700 uses stainless steel because it provides the perfect sound. Stainless Steel delivers both luxury and balanced, clean sound. Feel it at the SA700.
Deliver the perfect original sound
SA700 offers the optimal condition to deliver perfect original sound. SA700 is capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit 384kHz and native DSD playback up to 11.2MHz, delivering detailed, distortion-free sound just as the artist intended.
Intuitive LED Indicator
The LEDs around the volume wheel are not just visual effects, but provide the listener information including volume and status of the currently playing song. Different colors are displayed depending on the bit depth of the song being played, and 150 levels of red saturation are displayed to reflect the current player volume. (LED can be turned on or off according to user setting.)
New GUI where the past and the present coexist
SA700 maintains the convenience of Astell&Kern's UI combined with a new GUI that reminds users of our 1st generation players. You can combine Astell&Kern's past and present through the GUI which is reinterpreted by using Astell&Kern's various color identities.
Using Open APP Service
The Open APP Service enables the user to install specific APK music streaming apps to the device. Copy the desired APK into the Open Service folder of the product and install the relevant App in the Menu-Service of the product. Using Open APP Service
- Model: SA700
- Body Color: Onyx Black / Stainless Steel
- Body Material: Stainless Steel
- Display: 4.1inch (720 x 1,280) Touch display
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample rate: PCM : 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalanced 2.0Vrms / Balanced 4.0Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU: Quad-Core
- DAC: AKM AK4492ECB x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- Input: USB Type-C input (for PC & MAC)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptXTM HD)
- Dimensions: 2.32 ”(59.1 mm) [W] x 4.56 ”(115.9 mm) [H] x 0.64 ”(16.5 mm) [D]
- Weight: 10.68 oz (303 g)
Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Frequency Response: ±0.12dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.12dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced ±1.48dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced / ±1.48dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 120dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 123dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk: -134dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -138dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N: - 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE: - 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalanced / 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balanced
- Output Impedance: Unbalanced Out 3.5mm (1.8ohm) / Balanced out 2.5mm (1.9ohm)
Reference Clock Jitter: 70ps(Typ)
- Capacity: 3,150mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Continuous Playback Time: Up to 8.5 hours (Standard - MUSIC: FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Volume 80, EQ OFF, LCD OFF)
Charge Time: About 4.5 hours (Standard - 5V/2A Charging)
- Built-in Memory: 128GB [NAND]
External Memory: microSD (Max. 512GB) x1
- Supported OS: Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up
In the Box
- SA700 Device
- USB Type-C Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- microSD card slot cover x 2
- Protective Film (Front x 2, Back x 2)